Pregnancy Massage Workshop
Bella Mama Pregnancy Massage workshop ( One Day Workshop) – Fee $899.00
It will provide you with the knowledge and understanding required to give safe, prenatal massage to expectant mothers and postnatal massages to new mothers. While learning the effective methods used to provide relaxing prenatal massage, students will also gain a thorough understanding of how to use these skills to start a new business.
It is vital to understand the difference between prenatal massage (pregnancy massage) and other forms of massage. From the commencement of the course, students learn why prenatal massage is unique. They will also learn when the best time is to start prenatal massage and how to use it.
Our Pregnancy Massage workshop instructs students on the expectant mother’s journey through anatomical and emotional changes. The knowledge will assist students in determining which specific prenatal massage techniques will be most suitable for the individual’s needs. The comparative benefits of prenatal massage and medication are also discussed. After laying a sound base of theoretical knowledge, the course shifts into teaching the practical applications of prenatal massage.
Certificate of Pregnancy Massage (Duration 50 hours) – Fee $2500
Pregnancy is a very special time in a woman’s life that creates significant physiological, structural, and psychological changes. Understanding these changes will help you, the massage therapist, to determine the outcome of your treatment. It will give you the confidence and guidance to apply appropriate therapeutic massage to your pregnant client. During the course you will study the gentle application of massage for pregnant women, and the appropriate techniques and style of application suitable for each trimester. You will learn a full body pregnancy massage including abdominal massage and massage techniques to ease common hip, lower back, and thoracic-neck discomfort common in pregnancy. You will discover how beneficial massage is during pregnancy and beyond.
This vital section will teach students:
- Side-Lying Pregnancy massage
- The benefits of massage.
- An awareness of other therapies, such as Aromatherapy, Ayurveda and Acupuncture that complement pregnancy massage
- How these alternative therapies can be used in conjunction with prenatal massage for the client’s benefit
- Brief description of some common complication during pregnancy
- Description of Musculoskeletal concerns during Pregnancy
- Description of Physiological changes during different phases of the pregnancy
- Guidelines of common breathing exercises and stretches during Pregnancy
- Guidelines for consultation with Pregnant clients.
The remainder of the course provides valuable insight for students on starting a business Students will receive essential advice on:
- how to use booking software to book massages and run other operations in the spa.
- how to correctly set up a therapy room
Course Overview: Two days face to face interactions.
– Lecture on Pregnancy stages and changes. Demonstration of Pregnancy massage and practice training.
– Lecture on “Common Complications During Pregnancy” & Client History sheet training.
– Pregnancy Massage Training
– Day spa business operations training
The pre-requisite is to complete the Certificate of Pregnancy Massage prior to commencing the Practitioner of Pregnancy Massage Workshop.
Our training is open to a range of health professionals including Massage therapists and student therapists, Myotherapists, Beauty therapists, Midwives, Doulas, Physiotherapists, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Naturopaths, Acupuncturists, please contact us if your profession is not listed. Our courses offer Continual Professional Training Points for both Massage and Midwifery (MidPlus approved).
For more information: please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Workshop fee: $899(Student can pay the fee in two instalments)
Venue: 165 Lake Road, Belmont, Auckland.
Dr H.K. Behl
B.A.M.S ( Doctor in Indian Herbal Medicine). PG dip in Natural therapies, PG dip in lifestyle consultancy, Dip in Adult Education and Training. Dip in Exercise (Personal Trainer)
Dr Behl is a qualified Doctor in Herbal Medicine. He has worked as a lecturer at different colleges in New Zealand and abroad, and he has been teaching for the last nine years.
Currently, he is working as a Pregnancy and Postpartum Massage trainer and lifestyle consultant at Bella Mama. He will be tutoring the workshop along with a senior therapist of Bella Mama. He will be teaching about different aspects of Pregnancy and his assistant will be demonstrating the massage techniques.